Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Style Change

As I've posted, I'm trying my hand at doing designs for licensing. I used to design for manufacturing companies but that was 10 years ago. So I'm trying to catch up on what might work in todays market and that's why I'm doing different styles. When illustrating books, I'm used to doing realistic but it seems that todays style is asking for more cartoony style and if one want to do realistic art it has to be in painting style and I really don't have the patience for that. Still trying to do different characters. I like my pigtales design, I'm already working on boxes that have this art. I'm thinking of plushies as well. I do a little bit of sculpting, so I'm working on that as well for little jewelry that has a 3 dimensional look. I wo'nt want to work on casting just because the chemicals is not good for me right now, but if I have a ready cast, probaby working with resin won't be good for me as well. So i  guess I'll just stick to polymer clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment